Saturday, May 18, 2013

I'm so famous, it's like I'm KMD!

Not really. I'm only a teensy bit Internet famous. And KMD is Howie and he was this DJ for this game and...It's a long story. But he's famous and he has a posse. That's all you need to know. Confused yet? Yes? AWESOME! Moving on...

I'm not even really Internet famous. But a few dear friends have brought something to my attention. I was recently named a "gold star mom" for something I posted on Facebook last summer. You can see the special Mother's Day post on STUF, Parents that I am referencing here. The post goes like this:

     'Not having a chance to eat all day, I stopped at Subway on the way back from getting my hair cut. I ate my sandwich in the car while Calvin was asleep in his carseat because I didn't want to share. He's only 10 months old and I'm already "that mom". Sue me.'

8 months later and this is still the case. As soon as he could open his mouth and say, 'aaaahhhh', it was all over. If I have a treat for myself, I save it until my darling child is asleep or I hide in the kitchen while he is playing in the living room. Honestly, sometimes it's not even a treat. Sometimes I just want to eat a meal all by myself, all the way through, while it's still hot, without sharing. It is a lot to ask some days. And the timing of this post coming back to haunt me is hilarious! My husband ate his breakfast upstairs this morning because he woke up after Calvin and I. We had already eaten and Charlie wanted to eat in peace instead of the baby coming up to him saying, "Pease! Pease!" and expecting a bite or seven. Listen, kid. Just because you're all polite and adorable with your "Pease" and "Hank uuu" does not mean you get to eat everything in existence.

Though, on the flip side, the baby-sharing diet can be quite effective. The baby eats half of my meal because the exact same thing that's on his plate isn't good enough. Then, there are some nights I'm too tired after said baby is asleep to even reheat anything. It's not an ideal situation (frankly, it sucks sometimes), but hey. I've lost a pound or two this way.

Oh! It's Friday, isn't it?! Well, technically it's Saturday. Whatever.
___________________________________________

Photo Friday

Charlie, Calvin, and Mr. Puppy the Bear

Have a great weekend!
Elle

PS The blog I linked above [STFU, Parents] contains colorful language and some view points I don't necessarily agree with. It is the view and opinion of another blogger. I referenced it because I was somewhat featured and I am an occasional reader. Though, I'll probably read it a lot more, now!

No comments:

Post a Comment